Urrestarazu began its activity in 1957 in the nuts, screws and bolts turning sector, in one of those workshops on a ground floor typical in the middle of the last century when industry was slowly taking shape in the Lower Deba Valley.
Over the course of the 1970s, and as president of the business association to develop the Soraluze Industrial Estate, the manager of the company, Mr. Fernando Urrestarazu, along with other local businessmen, developed this Industrial Estate.
Later on, many companies from the urban area and other nearby towns moved there. In 1988, the company URRESTARAZU moved its facilities to the Mendiola industrial Estate. Today, it has two units, one for forging and the other for bar turning and machining, with a total surface area of 3000 m2.
Over the course of its history, Urrestarazu Metalworking has sought to provide for and meet the ever-changing needs of its clients, adapting to the standards required in each period and meeting market requirements with advanced processes and technological resources, as well as with qualified human resources.